At EED, you will see that our 30+ years of combined experience in wedding planning sets us apart from the rest. The knowledge we have is only that which can be learned through countless hours of hard work, experiences in wedding situations of all kinds, and creating a personal experience for each of our clients. We will never be an over-grown company with inexperienced planners popping at the seams, but instead remain “boutique” & quality-over-quantity-focused with our experienced planners: Elle, Jillian, Chelsea, Lauren & Chatara.  We offer a wide range of packages fit for every client’s needs and budget from Full Planning & Design to Day of Coordination. Inquire for investment details. 

Our “Pink Pineapple Studio” is located in Phoenix, MD and we have a second studio opening soon in Charleston, SC. next year! About 40% of our weddings are destination and the other 60% are local in Annapolis, St. Michaels & the Eastern Shore, Baltimore, Washington, D.C. and Virginia.  We also frequent California, New Orleans, New England, Charleston often! Often times we are planning via phone, FaceTime and emails with our couples because they live a distance away or they simply have busy schedules. Thanks to technology, we can execute weddings with couples all around the world and, if we do say so ourselves, have mastered it. 

extensive client list available upon request.

Elle Ellinghaus

Owner & Wedding Planner

Works with couples interested in the highest of style Full Planning & Design packages | Bride & Groom Workshops

Plans with 2-3 luxury couples per year.

Jillian Jenkins

Senior Wedding Planner

Works with couples interested in Full Planning & Design–luxury to modest budgets and Partial Planning.  Destination Connoisseur

Plans with up to 10 couples per year

Chelsea Johnson

Wedding Planner : Charleston, SC

Works with couples interested in Full/Partial Planning, and Week of/Month of Coordination & Design packages.

Plans with 10 couples per year


Lauren Sprankle

Wedding Planner

Works with couples interested in Design, Partial Planning and Week of/Month of Coordination

Plans with up to 10 couples per year

Angela Hardester

All the Details

Administrative Assistant, Detail master of all things pretty and boring. Elle’s life saver and the team’s favorite cheerful person. 

Chatara Royster

Wedding Planner & Designer

Works with couples interested in Design, Partial Planning and Coordination as well as our “Petit Pineapple” package for social events.

Plans with up to 10 clients per year


Charm City
Eastern Shore


“Southernly” Sophisticated?

Of course not ONLY Southern, we travel all over! We have planned weddings from Manhattan & Maine, to Seattle & Northern Cali and we love the North!  We have also traveled across oceans to different countries for weddings, editorial shoots, social events and truly love experiencing and designing in exciting new places. Don’t let the “Southern” fool you, it is simply our style and not location.

Why the Pineapple?

The pineapple is the well-known symbol of “Southern Hospitality.” The South is known for manners & etiquette, handwritten thank you cards and no watches worn after 5pm. Things are graceful and romantic in the South, which is what every wedding should have–regardless of your style!  Picture the sheers blowing in the doors that open to the porch as you nestle in the porch swing. That “comfortable” feeling you imagined just then, did you?…well that is it! 

Whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed. -Elle Woods

Do not judge a pink book by it’s cover. We adore pink, surely, it is a is a staple..and it will always be the icon of femininity. We adore creating events with a little froo-froo, but we also adore designing the daring & chic, too. We have created tents draped in black fabric, modern print mixes, equestrian ballrooms, boho ceremonies and brightly colored ambiances. Take a look at our portfolio if you don’t believe us!